Rural and Family Lands Protection Program and Florida Forever
Rural and Family Lands Protection Program (RFLPP)
Agricultural Conservation Easement Program under Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. RFLPP’s primary mission is the protection of agricultural lands and water resources.
Florida’s conservation lands program under Florida Department of Environmental Protection (fee-simple and conservation easements). The primary goal of Florida Forever is to: protect high priority natural resource areas and water resources.
RFLPP and Florida Forever are critical to the health of the landscape; they both protect water quality and supply for urban areas, maintain our agricultural economy, and protect Florida’s tourist economy. Funding these conservation programs is an investment in Florida’s future and is critical to our quality of life.
- Acres enrolled in Rural and Family Lands Protection Program Top Tier: 237,758 acres (total acres enrolled- 373,311 acres)
- Current acres on Less-Than-Fee Florida Forever Project list: 703,079 acres
Important Benefits of Conservation Easements
- Protect our water supply and quality
- Maintain our agricultural economy
- Support our Florida’s tourist economy
- Maintain state and local property tax revenues
- Promote food security
- Keep land in private ownership
- Reduce state land management costs (remain the responsibility of the landowner)
- Provide essential wildlife habitat
- Preserve cultural heritage